There are only a few dozen full-time carpet dyeing specialists in the USA, with only a handful who are Certified Dye Masters and Colorists. Carpet dyeing is an art and requires extensive technical training. Suffice it to say that “a savvy consumer would not take their car to a car wash to have it painted”. When searching for companies who do carpet dyeing, it would be well to ask the following questions:
• Is carpet dyeing the main focus of their business? Is bleach repair?
• Do they have Certified Dye Technicians who will be performing the work?
• What kind of training and credentials does their technical staff have?
• Will the dyes leave any kind of residue after a bleach repair?
• Do they use liquid dyes as opposed to powder dyes? (Liquid dyes do not leave a powdery residue behind)
• Are they willing to guarantee that newly dyed carpet will have even coloration?